Friday 28 March 2008

Rest, rest, rest

Due to my aches and pains I decided to have Thursday off to try and recover a little. Had a nice lie in which helped and I was glad of this decision. Still had a bit of a sore throat/ear going on and did spend most of the day at my desk massaging my shoulders. My right shoulder is really achy and keeps tightening sporadically so that it feels like the burn of a long work out. Not that great. Got home and put a Deep Heat patch on it. I found it as a trial sample in a magazine and thought I'd give it a go. Despite not feeling that 'warm' unless I pressed on it there was none of the horrid normal smell of Deep Heat and it seems to have really helped. This morning I woke up and it felt looser than it has for a good while. I'll maybe try roping them in as a sponsor as I am sure I'll need many more patches over the months!

I was due to swim this morning to try and make a reasonable total but I still wasn't feeling 100% so hit the snooze button without any of the guilt of Wednesday - a good sign I felt! I didn't feel bad but there was just a small hint of a sore throat and I just didn't feel fully right so I decided not to risk it and just enjoy the rest. It does mean that the total for this week stands at a measly 7kms but I have AGES to go (I bet it goes like lightening!) so, as long as I keep plodding on, I am not that worried.

Have a fantastic relaxing weekend planned with no travelling and all my favourite people around me. Claire (Adam's sister) is down in London this weekend so we are meeting up for a drink this evening when Adam arrives down which will be lovely. And tomorrow my parents arrive from France for a week or so, so Adam and I are having dinner with them and my sister tomorrow night and heading to the Ideal Home Show on Sunday. What a nice casual weekend! Just what I need to get rested and ready to hit it again hard on Monday!

No comments: