Friday 7 March 2008

How long is too long?

So after a good start on March on Monday with my longest swim to date, trips out of London meant I couldn't swim again until Thursday. On Thursday I did my normal early-bird pool routine but, as I had to get an early train, I had only 45mins or so to train in. So I put in a quick 2.4kms. Hmm, quick is a misnomer I think. Fair enough, it was pretty standard speed - 20 x 100m off 1.55 but it was hard work. So, I think I can now deduce that 48hrs is really the maximum time I can be out of the pool without it feeling like I am going backwards (literally and metaphorically!) in my next training session. Eager to make up losses I headed in this morning aswell for a 75minute session where I broke my longest swim barrier to reach 3.6kms. I did a ascending/descending 500m pyramid and though the 500m set felt a bit boring (less than ten minutes, how will I cope with 10+ hours?!) I felt good and powerful in the water again.

All in all a good end to the week. Won't be swimming per se this weekend as I am at Cranwell all weekend training and competing for RAF Water-Polo. I am however, going to try and fit in a 500m set somewhere. After all, then I will have made my first 10km week!!

No comments: